An education abroad in Germany is great exposure and learning opportunity especially for students from the STEM backgrounds that is, Science, technology, engineering and mathematics. A study abroad experience in Germany gives the students a rich understanding of their major along with experience and college credits. Although most of the programs are in English, some of the educational programs might require some basic German language education. Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Mannheim, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart etc are the major cities that students opt when they decide to study abroad in Germany. Germany has been one of the top five choices for students when they decide to study abroad. Although Germany is a fascinating country, it has an excellent higher education system that is accredited, affordable and value after the completion of the degree. All the German colleges and universities have good infrastructure, student help centres, great faculty along with good and easy transportation, living facilities. Germany has contributed a lot in the fields of technology, engineering, science, medicine, business, art, culture and research.
Here is a list of top universities of Germany as per latest the top universities.
- Technical University of Munich(TUM)
- Ludwig-Maximilians – University of Munich
- Ruprecht-Karls University Heidelberg
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Humbolt University Berlin
- Free University of Berlin
- Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule Aachen, The largest technical university of Germany
- Technical University Berlin
- Eberhard Karls University Tubingen
- University of Freiburg
- Dresden University of Technology
- Georg August University of Gottingen
- University of Hamburg
- Darmstadt Technical University
- Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn
- University of Stuttgart
- The University of Frankfurt am Main
- University of Erlangen Nuremberg
- University of Koln
- University of Jena
- Westfalische Wilhelms University, Munster
- University of Mannheim
- Ruhr University Bochum
- University of Konstanz
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Christian Albrecht University Kel
- Saarland University
- University of Hohenheim
- Technical University of Braunschweig
Now that you know what universities are available in Germany and its popularity with respect to its excellence, it is now the time to talk about the basic eligibilities and exams that you need to finish in order to get to study abroad in Germany –
- Students part from submitting their previous education or degree academic transcripts, and qualifications, must also apply and clear exams like GRE general test and GRE subject tests. They may need to qualify GMAT if they wish to get into business schools for an MBA, administration or related corporate fields of the job. Even though German language requirements are not present for all the courses, some courses need basic German language certifications. Hence make sure what requirements are present in the application process of your chosen courses and colleges.
- You may also need to attend an interview either in person or via Skype or telephone for a face to face interview to access your fit for the college.
Some of the top job opportunities in Germany are in the field of Administration, Healthcare, automobile design, mechanical engineering, automobile engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics industry, Building and construction, Civil engineering, information technology, communications, computer science, biotechnology, medicine, biology, physics, chemistry, neuroscience, nanotechnology etc. Hence, if you are a student who has finished their undergraduate or post graduation studies in one of these fields, it would very wise to go to Germany for higher studies in your particular field or a related opportunistic field, you could also manage to get a job right after your education there. You might have definitely heard of top German companies and brands like Robert Bosch, SAP labs, Volkswagen, Audi, BASF, Deutsche Bank, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Siemens, Bayer (Chemicals), Fresenius (medical equipment and supplies), Linde (Chemicals), ThyssenKrupp Group etc.
We absolutely agree that there are plenty of fishes in the ocean when it comes to studying abroad. There is a wide option of courses, subjects and universities available for the student to choose. But, it is important to make the best choice in university and courses to ensure that you get into the best course for shaping your career. The career counsellors, study abroad consultants and study abroad admission counsellors will help you through the process of application to make it easier for you and guide you in the proper way. You need not to worry as they are experienced professionals who are specialised in study abroad courses and admissions.