B. Sc in Operation Theatre Technology
Bachelor of science in operation theatre technology or BSc OT Technology is a three years long allied health sciences undergrad degree that enables the student to work in the field of health care as an operation theatre technician. They are medical professionals that assist physicians during surgeries and invasive procedures. The operation theatre technicians during the B.Sc course have to learn both medical procedures in practicals along with their theory. The course also includes a six-month-long internship to get more hands-on experience. Bachelor of science in operation theatre technology is a well in demand course across the world. During the course of study, the future operational theatre technologists will learn how to care for patients during operations and surgery, how to assist surgeons and doctors during sergons, aftercare of patients in ICU etc.
The basic eligibility to join the Bachelor of science (B. Sc) in Operation Theatre Technology course is as follows –
Students interested in taking admissions to this course must have passed their three-year diploma in allied health sciences or paramedical sciences after their 10th standard. Or they must have finished their PUC or 12th standard’s equivalent course with physics, chemistry and biology as their core subjects. The students must have had a minimum of 45 per cent if they are from the general category or OBC category. However, students belonging to SC, ST, Category 1 and physically handicapped students need to have at least 40 per cent marks in their examinations for the admissions. They must also be over the age of seventeen when they fill out the application for this course.
Students can either apply for this course through Karnataka CET if they wish to get admissions to the course in top government medical colleges. The applications for BSc allied medical courses usually open in the month of August. But to get a seat in top private medical and paramedical colleges in India, students have to apply to the colleges directly. There are no entrance exams for all colleges but, JIPMER and CMC Vellore hold different entrance exams for the seats in their colleges. So, be sure to apply for the entrances in the month of January and February.
Here is a list of top colleges for bachelor of science in operational theatre technology. This list includes both government medical colleges and private medical colleges –
- Bangalore Medical College And Research Institute, Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Institute Of Child Health, Bangalore
- Institute Of Nephro Urology, Bangalore
- Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, Bangalore
- Mysore Medical College Institute, Mysore
- Sanjay Gandhi Institute Of Trauma And Orthopaedics, Bangalore
- Sds Tuberculosis Research And Rajiv Gandhi Inst. Of Chest Disease, Bangalore
Some other colleges offering Bachelor of science in operation theatre technology are as follows –
- Narayana Hrudayalaya group on institutions, Bangalore
- NITTE, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Christian medical college, CMC, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Amrita University, Kochi Campus, Kochi, Kerala
- Akal Institute of medical studies, Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
- Charotar University of science and technology, Anand, Gujarat
- C T University, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Dr DY Patil medical college, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Guru Gobind Singh medical college, Faridkot, Punjab
- Hamdard Institute of medical science, Delhi
- Impact paramedical and health institute, New Delhi
- NIMS University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Punjab Institute of medical sciences, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Punjab paramedical science, Mohali, Punjab
- SGT university, Gurgaon, Haryana
- The global university, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of paramedical technology, Ludhiana, Punjab
The fees for a bachelor of science in a government medical college can range between rupees five thousand and rupees ten thousand. But the fees for the same in private medical and paramedical colleges can bet between twenty thousand rupees to two lakh rupees per year depending upon your marks, merit order and type of seat etc. The completion of this course can lead to a job in Intensive care units, operation theatre, neonatal care units, trauma centres and other fields needing emergency and surgical care. They can find work in military hospitals, clinics, government hospitals, private hospitals etc Alternatively they can do their masters or higher education to become lecturers in paramedical colleges and medical colleges to teach operational technology and care.
We at EDUPROV have best counselors who help in getting your admission in Bangalore in your preferred college.