Bachelor of science neuro sciences technology is a six semester or three years long undergraduate course aimed to target students interested in medical sciences and biology. It is an allied medical course that contains a lot of information on the neuro sciences especially the connection between nervous system and the brain. This field has a wide scope of jobs and several career opportunities. This is one of the most interesting career choices that a student can make
This course includes a mixture of theoretical subjects, practical experience and a six-month long internship to give students a complete and all-rounded education. They learn subjects like anatomy, ocular anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, neurosciences, neuro biochemistry, patient care, health care sciences, clinical neurophysiology, neurophysiology, research methods, professional practice, applied clinical neurology, applied clinical neurophysiology etc.
Admission Eligibility for B.Sc. in Neuroscience Technology course is as follows –
- Students interested to get admissions to the bachelor of science in neuro
physiology technology must be at least 17 years of age during admissions.
- Students interested in taking admissions to B.Sc in neurosciences technology must have passed their three year diploma in Neuro sciences technology or diploma paramedical sciences after their 10th standard, these students are eligible to apply for the lateral entry to the bachelor of science in neuro sciences technology. Alternatively, the students must have finished their PUC or 10+2 equivalent course with physics, chemistry and biology as their core subjects. The students must have had a minimum of 45 per cent if they are from the general category or OBC category. However, students belonging to SC, ST, Category 1 and physically handicapped students need to have at least 40 per cent marks in their examinations for the admissions.
Students can either apply for this BSc in neuro sciences technology through Karnataka CET if they wish to get admissions to the course in top government medical colleges in Bangalore and Karnataka. The applications for BSc allied medical courses usually open in the month of August. But to get a seat in top private medical and paramedical colleges in India, students have to apply to the colleges directly. The fees for a bachelor of science in neuro sciences technology in a government medical college can range between rupees four thousand and rupees ten thousand. But the fees for the same in private medical colleges can bet between twenty thousand rupees to two lakh rupees per year depending upon your marks, merit order and type of seat etc.
Here is a list of colleges for you to apply for the bachelor of science in neuro sciences technology for you to select –
- Bangalore Medical College And Research Institute, Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Institute Of Child Health, Bangalore
- Institute Of Nephro Urology, Bangalore
- Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, Bangalore
- Mysore Medical College Institute, Mysore
- Sanjay Gandhi Institute Of Trauma And Orthopaedics, Bangalore
- Sds Tuberculosis Research And Rajiv Gandhi Inst. Of Chest Disease, Bangalore
After graduating from this course, students can get a job as, an assistant to neurosurgeons, neuro anaesthetic, medical representative, medical technologist, clinical trial research officer, medical officer etc. in government hospitals, private hospitals, clinical trial research, medical centres, military hospitals etc. They can also choose to do a master of science in neuro sciences technology of a master of science in neuro sciences technology with the specializations they want. If you have doubts on which medical allied health science course is the best fit for you or what college to choose after 12th, feel free to contact the expert admission counselors and career counselors at Eduprov to take admission in colleges or for career assessment test or get help to make a decision regarding admissions after 12th and career after 12th.